Celebrate Earth Day by practicing a few–or all–of these beauty tips designed to keep you looking good while keeping your energy bills low!
1. Invest in versatile products. This will save you space and money, while saving the Earth’s resources. Our and can be used in multiple ways and create styles. Use the to create straight, wavy and curly styles. Our can convert into a traditional curling iron for even more styles.
2. Conserve water. Daily shampoo might not work for you and your hair type but if you want to refresh consider supplementing with some .
3. For the best bang for your buck, invest in reusables you use the most–cotton balls, q-tips, or spatulas. If you want to go the extra mile, try creating your own cotton rounds with fabric scraps.
4. Try mini sizes of makeup or toiletries you know you only use occasionally. Try mini perfumes if you don’t wear fragrances often so you use it before scents go off. Blushes and lipsticks are hard to pan, so try mini versions. Not only will you save money, but you’ll minimize waste!
5. If you travel a lot, find tools that can work for your lifestyle. Check to see that your facial tools, and body and . Save money by not buying converters or separate heat tools for other locations.
6. Repurpose an old t-shirt the next time you need to replace your hair towel. The t-shirt won’t suck up too much moisture and leaves hair less frizzy!
7. Give glass jars and candle canisters a new lease on life! They’re great for storing hairpins, cotton rounds, and hair ties–all the things you lose on the regular!
8. Rethink your stash! Conditioner can be used as shaving cream in a pinch and facial oil can be used in your hair, on your body and on your face.
9. Save money, stay home and use what you’ve got before buying more online or at the store.
10. Round up your empties. For those containers you can’t repurpose, find where to recycle them properly. Check Terracycle programs–some recycling schemes offer discounts on new purchases!
11. Switch to more energy-efficient appliances and tools. Recycle tools that have faulty or old wiring, such as ones with cords that fit in older outlets. Ditto the tools that need elbow grease to use. Modern tools, like our hair tools, use –a material that heats up quickly and lets you style with ease.
12. Forget to take plugs out when you’re done? Put your appliances on a power strip and power off the master switch when you’re finished. Or ! Eliminating sources of phantom energy can shave a few dollars off your hydro bill.
13. Reduce the amount of time you dry your hair. Towel or air-dry and finish with your hairdryer or try to incorporate days you put the hairdryer down altogether.